HD Movei,
Home » » Room

Room

After five-year-old Jack and his mother escape from the enclosed surroundings that Jack has known his entire life, the boy makes a thrilling discovery.

Storyline

ROOM tells the extraordinary story of Jack, a spirited 5-year-old who is looked after by his loving and devoted mother. Like any good mother, Ma dedicates herself to keeping Jack happy and safe, nurturing him with warmth and love and doing typical things like playing games and telling stories. Their life, however, is anything but typical--they are trapped--confined to a windowless, 10-by-10-foot space that Ma has euphemistically named Room. Ma has created a whole universe for Jack within Room, and she will stop at nothing to ensure that, even in this treacherous environment, Jack is able to live a complete and fulfilling life. But as Jack's curiosity about their situation grows, and Ma's resilience reaches its breaking point, they enact a risky plan to escape, ultimately bringing them face-to-face with what may turn out to be the scariest thing yet:

User Reviews

 

I was lucky enough to see an advanced screening for this film. I had a toss up between two films to see and I chose this one based on the trailer and generally positive reviews (who likes to waste their time with bad movies).

Wow.

This is one of those rare feats in filmmaking. The cinematography is great, but see this for the acting and the story. Not often has a movie made me cry, laugh, and shout out (aloud mind you) during the films run time. I don't want to spoil much of the story as it becomes obvious early on, what is actually going on. The magnificence of this film is in how the director was able to tackle the difficult subject matter in a way that doesn't leave you feeling like you saw an average thriller/horror movie, but really out it in perspective of the child, which I believe had a humanistic approach. It was amazing. Best movie of 2015, by a long shot and they're were great movies this year. (Im looking at you exmachina)

Not only I, but I feel absolutely everyone who left the theater left a better person for what they witnessed. Not often do I come out of the theater with people being more polite than they were upon entering. THAT is the power this movie has, I emerged myself in the experience and I'm glad I did, because "No one is strong alone", certainly not I, and I have a more profound idea of appreciation of my own life and existence til death. I will continue on my quest but I know that I will never forget this landmark film, what it taught me, and how it humbled everyone in the theater.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Movie Category 1

 
Copyright © 2014 HD Movei